Deep Fried Oreos

Ryan Lagunzad | 8/22/2013 | 0 comments | Category: , , ,

We are under house arrest due to the southwest monsoon rains enhanced by tropical storm “Maring”. Instead of just sleeping all day, I recycled a mirror frame for my watercolor paintings (Recycled Frame for Watercolor Paintings), I fix some leaks, played with my child and cooked some deep fried Oreos.

As what I have read, deep fried Oreos are commonly found in county fairs as well as other deep fried foods like ice creams and chocolates. It’s an Oreo cookie sandwich coated with pancake mix or flour mixture then deep fried. It is usually eaten that way. But some dust it with powdered sugar or placed some whipped cream and sprinkles on top. But you can skip those if you wanted to avoid the extra calorie.

Deep Fried Oreos

Since I’m thin and I have a kid who also loves sweets, I really don’t mind the extra calories. But I only have powdered sugar on hand so I dusted my deep fried Oreos with it. I would love to add extra chocolate syrup to it but it’s not available. But I will certainly try that next time. Vanilla ice cream will definitely complement with it and it’s also a must try. But again, if you’re afraid for the extra calorie you can skip those and stick with the plain deep fried Oreos.

As what I have experienced, it is best to eat these if they are chilled first before serving. I said so because after frying the Oreos, they turned soft which I don’t prefer. But it’s just me. You can skip this part and eat it as is.

If you’re used to the common way of eating Oreos (the twist, lick and dunk steps as what the commercial suggest) why not try frying them. I’m sure your kids and those kids at heart will definitely love it. So here’s my deep fried Oreos recipe. Hoping to hear your feedbacks.


Deep Fried Oreos

Ingredients
  • 1 pack (137 g) Oreo Sandwich Cookies
  • 1 pc Egg
  • 3/4 cup Evaporated or Fresh Milk
  • 1 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil
  • 1 cup Pancake Mix
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 cups or more Vegetable Oil (for frying)
  • 1 cup or more Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
Cooking Directions
  1. In a mixing bowl, mix egg, milk, 1 1/2 tsp oil, pancake mix, vanilla extract and salt.
  2. Add oil in a deep pan until you have about 1 to 2 inches of oil. Heat to medium high.
  3. Dip the Oreos in the prepared pancake mix.
  4. Place the Oreos into the hot oil then cook until both sides are golden brown. Repeat with the remaining Oreos.
  5. Dust with powdered sugar and allow it to cool before serving.
  6. Serve and Enjoy!

Deep Fried Oreos



0 comments