Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Ryan Lagunzad | 7/06/2013 | 0 comments | Category: , , ,

For my come back post, after two months of hiatus, I want to share to you this cookie recipe that my wife and I made from scratch. It took us few attempts, about five tries I guess, before we got satisfied with the final product. It’s a Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies which is our recent favorite snack. I was surprised as to how my daughter loves these cookies. My wife even commented that it was really addictive. I don’t know how much calories are in it, but she’s cursing me for making this one because she really can’t resist eating a lot. She’s too afraid of becoming too fat. :)

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Oats are a good source of soluble fiber which can help regulate blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol level and help reduce the risk of heart disease. Aside from the soluble fiber, it also contains vitamins, minerals and a source of protein and carbohydrates. Therefore, you will definitely enjoy this recipe because of the health benefits that you can get from it.


This Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies is easy to make, you just have to mix, shape, and bake and voila! – A tasty cookie for snack. I baked this cookie using my oven toaster. You can use the typical electric oven but I don’t know the temperature and time setting. You can probably set the temperature to 350F and probably set the time from 7 to 12 minutes. Just watch out as it cooks so that it won’t get burn. So here's my Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies recipe. Hope you enjoy it and I would love to hear your comments.


Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies


Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Dough formed into balls and coated with oatmeal
Ingredients
  • 1 cup (plus more for coating) Instant Oatmeal
  • 3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
  • 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/3 cup Margarine
  • 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 3/4 cup White Sugar
  • 1 Egg



Cooking Directions
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine oatmeal, flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  2. Mix well to distribute all the ingredients evenly.
  3. Add in the rest of the ingredients then mix it well.
  4. Use a spoon and drop dough in oatmeal and form into a ball.
  5. Grease baking sheet and line the dough coated with oatmeal.
  6. Bake in an oven toaster for 10 minutes.
  7. After baking, let it cool in a wire rack.
  8. Serve and enjoy!
  9. To maintain freshness, keep the cookies in a cookie jar until needed.

Share...
Did you enjoy my own version of Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies recipe? Why not share it to your families and friends so that they will enjoy them too. You can use the buttons below to share this recipe. Thanks!



0 comments