Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Ryan Lagunzad | 1/26/2013 | 0 comments | Category: , , , ,

My wife and I love cinnamon. Perhaps there's a distinctive taste in cinnamon that captures the attention of our taste buds. Though cinnamon is our favorite, its ironic that we seldom use it in the kitchen. I remember I've only used it once when I tried to make kamote que (fried sweet potato with sugar) with cinnamon. Maybe next time I’ll try to add it on bake goodies like in banana bread or in cookies.

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Cinnamon bread reminds me of so many memories during my high school life. I remember my first encounter with it on our school canteen. When I first tried it, it became my favorite and in fact, this is my day-to-day snack way back then.

Today, I'm going to share to you my cinnamon bread recipe. I modified the original recipe then I added some raisins. I’m anticipating that my kid will not like the bread with cinnamon alone. After it was baked, I knew she would locate all the hidden raisins inside the bread slices. But to my surprise, she did eat a lot of bread that day. I guess our love for cinnamon will be pass down to her. Anyway, here’s my cinnamon raisin bread recipe. Tell me what you think…

Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Ingredients
  • 3 cups Flour
  • 1 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 1/2 cup Sour Milk or Buttermilk
  • 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 2 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup Raisins
Cooking Directions
  1. Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
  2. Whisk eggs, sour milk or buttermilk, and oil in a separate bowl.
  3. Mix egg mixture into dry mixture just until moistened.
  4. Add in raisins.
  5. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
  6. Scoop batter into bread pan (about 1/4 of the pan filled) then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Repeat layer until the pan is filled up to 3/4.
  7. Use a small knife or fork handle then slightly swirl batter.
  8. Bake in oven toaster for 45 to 60 minutes or at 350 F for 45 minutes on a regular oven or until it pass the toothpick test.
  9. Let it cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pans.
  10. Slice, Serve and Enjoy!



0 comments