Graham Snickers and Oatmeal Cookies with Custard Frosting

Ryan Lagunzad | 11/05/2012 | 0 comments | Category: , , , ,

I'm really a fan of Snickers chocolate bars. I just love anything with nuts and chocolate but snickers is really my favorite. Thanks to my brother, who is currently working in Abu Dhabi, because he's the one who gave this to me just like the Toblerone that I used on my Triple Chocolate Pan Cake. This recipe is somewhat similar to the oatmeal cookies that I made before. The only difference is that I added my favorite Snickers to it and also graham crackers to have a different texture. I also added custard frosting and sprinkled it with chopped Snickers to make it not just a snack but also a perfect dessert. It's so perfect with your favorite coffee so why don't you give it a try? Here's my recipe and tell me what you think about it.

Graham Snickers and Oatmeal Cookies with Custard Frosting

Graham Snickers and Oatmeal Cookies with Custard Frosting

Ingredients:
Cookies:
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 6 tbsp margarine, softened
  • 1 pc egg
  • 6 tbsp evaporated milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 10 pcs M.Y. San Honey Graham crackers
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 cups Quaker Oats instant oatmeal
  • 2 bars Snickers chocolate bar
Custard Frosting:
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 tbsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 pcs egg yolk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Procedures:
Cookies
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Mix sugar and margarine in a large bowl.
  3. Cut grahams into small pieces.
  4. Mix grahams together with the rest of the ingredients in the sugar mixture.
  5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
Custard Frosting:
  1. In a saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch.
  2. Gradually add milk and water stirring constantly.
  3. Cook in low heat until thick.
  4. In a bowl, beat egg yolks. Add half of the milk mixture to the eggs and mix.
  5. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan. Blendwell.
  6. Add vanilla and cook for 10 minutes more while stirring constantly. Set aside and cool.
  7. Use an spatula to apply frosting on top of the cookies.
  8. Chop some Snickers and sprinkle on top of cookies.
  9. Serve and enjoy.

Share...
Did you enjoy this recipe? Why not share it to your families and friends so that they will enjoy them too. You can use the buttons below to share this recipe. Thanks!



0 comments